Saturday 23 December 2023

ROS Chapter 46 - Ao's Purpose

"I'm Ao!"
"I already heard it!"



I'm a monster. My name is Ao.
Coincidentally, Dungeon was created by imitating Sora.
Everyone in the comments calls me a doppelganger.

Unlike Sora and Sakuya, I don't have anything I want to do or a purpose, so I usually participate in Katsu's broadcasts.
The cutlet dishes are exquisite. The dishes using crab monsters were especially delicious, but before I knew it, the crabs were gone.

Since it happened during the stream, I thought he would get angry, but he patted me on the head and forgave me, saying, "Well, as long as it tastes good, it's fine."

I thought Katsu was strange.

Whenever I eat Sakuya's sweets, she always get angry.
Sakuya is scary.
Sora is an onii-chan.
Katsu...I think he's an adult.

I'm learning a lot from watching Katsu's back like that.

That's what I thought.

Being an adult is hard.

When Katsu looks at the bargains at the supermarket, he sometimes groans for a while with a sullen face and says, "Hmm...", and for half an hour in front of a restaurant, he wonders, "500 yen for lunch huh...what should I do?".

I think I understand why Sora left me in the care of Katsu.
I have to learn about human society by Katsu's side.

Thanks to that, I also figured out how to use my 300 yen pocket money wisely.

But I don't want to live quietly in human society, I want to do something spectacular like an action movie.
I would like to help many people like those in spy movies, who take on missions where the survival of a country is at stake, and stop nuclear weapons seconds before they are launched.

The reason is simple: it's cool. But that's what Sora should do.

Katsu is plain. He should stand out more, but he doesn't.

So I'll make him stand out.

I think that's the apology I can make for eating all the crab dishes────

"Then, let's make tengu cuisine a buzz."
"!?"

"E?"
"Yes?"
"Tengu cuisine is no longer a cuisine."
"Ao, what have you learned at Katsu's place wwwwwwwww?"
"You left your common sense behind."
"Katsu-sa~n! You'll be made to cook something outrageous!"
"Poor Katsu."
"This is the result of the food being eaten right next to him and continued without his permission lol."
"I think he's under the mistaken impression that he can eat any demon in the dungeon."
"He really is doing this wwwww"
"That's just bad food lol."


"First technique deploy..."

Thread leaks from hmy fingertips.

"Is it light blue? It's so ordinary!"

Like Sora, I held up my fingertips and pointed them at my opponent.

"Water life thread"
"Tengu style"

The tengu waved its wings, causing a large wind to blow inside the dungeon.
The string that stretched straight lost its momentum and flew away somewhere.

The wind was so strong that all of my bangs stood on end.

"The thread doesn't reach"
"That's right! You can't reach me! Kakkakka!"

The tengu laughs cheerfully, looking genuinely happy.

"What a great wind...!"
"The drone is also shaking, I feel like I’m getting sick."
"Ao, are you okay...?"
"Ao~! You can win!"
"Do not lose!"


"What shall we do? Onmyoji!"
"...What should I do?"

I thought.

The treads are no good with the wind.
Even if I tried to get close to it, it'd probably run away because it's faster.

The confinement by the curse layer wall could probably be broken through. The wind is strong after all.

The third technique, which could store many things, was my toy box, the fourth technique I didn't really understand, and the fifth technique didn't work in this situation.

If I use the sixth technique in the lightning system, Sakuya would be angry with me because I would cause obstruction to the drone.

I had learned that there were people in this world whom I should not offend.
It's Sakuya. She's really scary.

Seventh Technique...The seventh technique given to me by Sora was a technique that slows down time.
Honestly, I hadn't mastered this technique at all.

Sora is good at creating spells.

Even though he could create complex spells, Sora always prefers simple ones.

I know the reason. The complicated technique... requires a lot of brain power.

After a few seconds of thinking, Ao comes to a conclusion.

"Un, impossible. Sorry Katsu, I couldn't prepare the ingredients for Tengu cuisine."

"Ao's head is strange too and I like it."
"He's crazy in a different way than Sora lol."
"But isn’t it bad that Ao can’t win?"


"What, you give up already. Are modern onmyouji like this?"
"I am not Sora. As I recently found out, although I am similar to Sora, not all of our personalities are alike. Sora's performance is also better than mine."

The Tengu frowned.

"...Sora?"

Sora and I had different likes and dislikes, and we also have different hobbies.
Sora didn't watch zombie movies. He didn't even watch B-movies.

Sora didn't really understand the zombie movie we watched together. He kept his head tilted the whole time, so maybe Sora didn't know about zombies.

"If you get bitten, you become a zombie...... maybe this movie is a game of tag?" He said. No, it's not a game of tag, although it is partially true. Maybe Sora only knows elementary school games.

My memory of Sora, which I copied, slowly faded. Now all I remember was the movie and Katsu.

Gradually, I started to think differently from Sora.

Sora does everything by himself.
Literally everything.

He tried to finish everything on his own, even things that he didn't have to carry on his back. Frankly, I think it's a bad habit. That's what Sakuya said. And the red-haired......, uh, Mikage Akari, she said so too.

I'm different.
When I couldn't do something, I simply asked someone to do it for me.

Because I couldn't do it, because I didn't understand, because I didn't know. ...... That's why people don't get mad at me.

Very kind people.

That's why I'm around Sora.



"I, have the most powerful weapon."
"Hou? Sou you still have a hidden weapon. Fine, take it out!"

I took out soramame marked security buzzer from my pocket.

"Eh"
"Eh...."

Then I immediately activated it.

PIPIPIPIPI!!!

"NUGAAAAAAAA!!! MY EAAAARS!!!"
"*Niari*.....super effective." {TLN: niari=grin}

"wwwwwwwww"
"wwwwww"
"Security buzzer wwwwww"
"Are you serious Ao wwwww"


"This! So noisy!"

The tengu waved his fan.
A wind slash similar to King of Knight Valsark's "Severance" came flying.

“────!!”

Ao's arms fly through the air as a *supa* sound echoes through the air.

”!?”
“Ao!”
“Ao!?”
“Isn’t it dangerous!?”
“What’s with the slashing just now!?”


"...My arm was blown off."
"What? Brat...so you're not a human?"

There was no blood coming out of Ao, and there was a beautiful cross-section.

"Yeah, I'm Ao."
“I heard that earlier too────”
"My onii-chan is here."
"Hm?"

Ao continued.

"The strongest onii-chan."

The buzzer with the soramame symbol stoped ringing.

“If I ring the buzzer, he will definitely come.”

An unidentified talking monster was shown on the stream, unleashing an attack strong enough to cut off Ao's arm.
Perhaps because of that, even though the main character, Sora, was absent, the number of viewers for the stream was reaching over 500,000 people.

However, the comments changed completely after the soramame buzzer.

The comments started slowly, but with the sound of a single footsteps, the number of comments increased until they filled the screen.

"What?"

It's just footsteps.
But, one can't let their guard down about it.

────Coming.

That premonition, makes the hearts of viewers stronger.....and draws them closer to the screen.

 

Prev | TOC | Next