Thursday 19 October 2023

ROS Chapter 45 - Dungeon Streaming / I Am Ao!

"Konnichiwa~, Soramame desu~"


"Sora's stream is here!!"
"All the shikigamis are out!”
“He’s been in serious mode from the beginning!”
“Sora has to be streaming in a dungeon after all!”


The shikigamis began to greet the audiences.
Val is shy as usual, and Gravito ignores them.

As for Ao, he says, "Yaho~" and brings his face closer to the drone's camera.

“Face close”
"Close"
"Cute"


"Today, I'm coming to [Countryside Dungeon/Cave Farm]~. Let's defeat the unidentified monster! It's a broadcast like usual."

“If he has all the shikigamis out, I guess he is going to do everything in his power to destroy it.”
“Poor unidentified monster w”
“Where did the other streamers and adventurers go?”


“There was a commotion at the entrance, so I came in first.”

Honestly, I don't care about the prize money, and I'm not interested in fighting over monsters.
What we need now is cooperation to ensure no one dies.

"Sora said that this unidentified monster was a youkai, what does that mean?''
“I was curious about that.”
"There was also a zashiki warashi who was called a youkai, but people said it was a lie.''
“Aren’t youkai and monsters the same?”


"They're different you know."

At least, I think that monsters and youkai are completely different things.
These monsters cannot use magical power or magic.

Even if he has magical power, it doesn't mean he can use spells like an onmyoji. {TLN : Spell here is jutsushiki.}

"It's just my honest opinion...I prefer monsters. Like Val, Gravito, Ao..."

Gravito was a little embarrassed, probably because I straight up said I liked him.
But I'm serious.

Because...

I couldn't help but make a 'funyaa' face.

"You know, dealing with yokai can be tough. Shikigami transformed from yokai, like foxes, can be quite demanding. They'd wake me up in the middle of the night, screaming things like, 'Aburage, please! I can't live without aburage! Aburage! Aaaaaah, aaaaah! Aburagee!' They have their own rules that are a hassle to follow. And as for the scarier ones, there's a yokai that comes after me with a knife when I talk to girls..." {TLN: LOL, yandere youkai.}

Every time I think about it, I get more and more tired.
If you think about it, the only shikigami these days are men, so it's really easy.

It's fun to exercise and play games together!

"Somehow, LOL"
"Aburage alien LOL"
"What the hell's wrong with them wwwwwwww"
"LOL"
"As chaotic as the current members LOL"


Speaking of aburage, Seimei said something like, "If the fox starts having a fit, I'll throw aburage into its mouth." And also, "I'll create a bunshin of Sora-senpai to lead that dangerous female yokai away." {TLN: bunshin, like Naruto's kage bunshin. Basically a clone.}

I believe I was throwing them mostly at Seimei...ahaha.

"Well, that's why youkais have their own rules...and that's what gives them their abilities."

“I see.”
"Interesting"
"So that's what youkais are like."


Ao puffs out his cheeks and complains.

"We are, not that strange. Muu-!"

Gravito quickly interjected.

"Ao is strange too, right. He would appear in Katsu's stream and eat the foods before they're finished and said 'Delicious'."
"...."
"Oi, look here."

Well, well...calm down.

"Foxes have the ability to teleport, divine power, ability to read minds, transformation....there are a lot you know--"

"There are no youkai these days."
"It's quite refreshing."
"When I listen to Sora's story, I feel like youkai really does exist."


"They really does exist you know."

Well, Zashikiwarashi is very similar to human, so it feels more like a small girl than a monster.

Once they know about the monsters that I'm about to show them, things will change again.

"So, the monster we'll be fighting this time is probably...huh?"

When I turned around, there was no one there.
Val, Gravito, Ao... even the delivery drone.

It's scary as if you were left alone in a different world.

"Aa~...un! This is spirited away!"

[Confirmed]
Tengu's Ability
 1. Spirited Away

“But it would be a problem if they took the drone for streaming...”

If you are spirited away, you will be in an isolated space, and no matter how much you try to run away or escape, you will only end up going around in the same place.

The adventurer who first encountered the tengu was spirited away and was unable to escape.

"What should I do? I wonder who the tengu is targeting."

Could it be, they're trying to defeat all of us one by one?
No... It's highly unlikely that they know I'm an onmyoji yet... Their actions seem too hasty for that.

The monster's eyes can tell the amount of curse power of their opponent. But I used Curse Power Inhibition to make it impossible for the monster to discern my Curse Power.
Make the youkai let their guard down and attack them when there's an opening. Hitting them there is the easiest way to defeat the youkai.

"Has it already found out that I'm an onmyoji...?"

After a few seconds of hesitation, I came to a conclusion.

"No. This..."

I completely forgot.
The one who have curse power, is not me alone.

"Well, there's no problem. That kid is strong after all."





Ao muttered.

"...Everyone suddenly disappeared."

"It's true"
"Eh!"
“I thought there was some kind of smoke suddenly coming out, but then everyone disappeared!!”
"Ao! We're here!"


"......un"

Ao looks down, looking a little sad.

"Kakkakka!"

"!?"
"!?!?"
"Laughter!"


"……who?"

A winged figure appeared on the dungeon's ceiling.

He wears a mask with a long nose, carries a five-bladed fan, and is drinking alcohol.

"Brat, are you an onmyoji who came to subdue me? I can't believe there are still survivors from the disaster!"

Strangely enough, a composition of irregular existence versus irregular existence had been created here.

A tengu that was originally supposed to be exterminated by Seimei 1000 years ago.
A doppelganger that was originally supposed to be subdued by Sora.

It was like an encounter between bugs from different games.

"I am Ao."
"Kakkakka! That's a good name!"
"I am Ao!"

 

 

Prev | TOC | Next